Commercial buildings come in many shapes and forms, and they are designed to address a variety of needs. Some commercial buildings might be constructed for office space, while other commercial buildings are designed for shopping malls. There are also niche commercial buildings that are designed for specific professional purposes. As a result, there are a lot of materials used in the construction of commercial buildings, and you might be wondering what materials are best for your cleaning needs. Once the commercial building is constructed, you must make sure you keep it looking clean.
Common Materials Used in the Construction of Commercial Buildings
There are several examples of common materials that are used in the construction of commercial buildings. They include:
Concrete and Brick
Many buildings are constructed using stacked concrete blocks, poured concrete, and bricks. The foundation of the building is usually concrete, but there are other materials that are stacked on top of it. Exterior walls are typically made from stacker concrete, and brick can be used to complete the exterior because it is aesthetically appealing and sturdy.
Lumber and Sheetrock
Lumber and sheetrock could also be used in the construction of commercial buildings. For example, wood frames might be used for interior walls. Even though there are some situations where wood might be used for exterior walls, it is generally not as strong as metal, so it is not a frequent choice, particularly in larger buildings. Sheetrock, which is made from a variety of materials, could be used to support electrical switches and outlets.
Steel and Metal
Steel girders are frequently used in the framework of the building. They play an important role in skyscraper construction, and they are typically strong enough to support the weight of other building materials. It is also common for reinforcing bar, usually called rebar, to be included in concrete structures to increase the strength and durability of the building. Then, other metals, such as aluminum and copper, might be used to protect pipes and electrical wiring.
Every commercial building has a unique set of energy needs, but insulation materials are always necessary. There are different types of insulation that can be used to minimize the transfer of energy between the interior and exterior worlds. While fiberglass is common, there are plenty of other options that also have flame-retardant properties.
Why are Many Commercial Buildings Made of Glass?
If you take a look at commercial buildings, you will probably see that many of them are made using glass. Glass has become more common, particularly during the past few decades. Some of the reasons why glass is a common option include:
- Glass can increase the amount of natural light inside the building, reducing the need for light fixtures. This can save money on utility bills.
- Glass is also aesthetically appealing. Many people like the beautiful appearance of glass.
- Glass can also be used to help you protect the value of the building. If you have to sell the building down the road, you might be able to get more money for it if it is made of glass.
No matter what is used to construct the building, just make sure that its taken care of of by cleaning the windows, pressure washing the exterior and surrounding walkways, and utilizing commercial high dusting services.
How Do You Keep a Commercial Building Clean?
There are several tasks that you have to perform regularly if you want to keep commercial buildings clean. They include:
- Cleaning the Windows: Cleaning the inside and outside of all the windows regularly is a must. This includes windows that might be really high, like on the side of a commercial skyscraper. Squeegee Squad can assist you with all of your high rise window cleaning needs! We have the training, safety gear, and equipment to get the job done .
- Pressure Washing: You also need to pressure wash the building seasonally. This includes the siding, sidewalks, walkways, and any deck or patio space.
- Landscaping: Do not forget that you need to pay attention to the landscaping. There is never a second chance to make a first impression, so you must make sure the outside of the building is attractive.
- Clean the Floors: No matter what materials you use to make the floors, you need to keep them clean. This includes vacuuming, mopping, and removing stains in a timely manner.
Call Squeegee Squad for Help With Commercial Cleaning
If you are looking for help cleaning your commercial building, your local Squeegee Squad is available to help! We offer a wide range of services that can keep your commercial building looking its best. We clean windows, do exterior pressure washing, commercial high dusting, and clean your roof and solar panels.