Unless you’re living in an underground bunker, most of us spend time looking through a window during our day. With modern technology and computer-driven commerce, people are spending less and less time outside. Only one in four people currently spend more than 10% of their day outside. That leaves the rest of us inside, periodically glancing through the windows for the other 90% of the time. Windows, then, is literally our view with the outside world.
Since we’re asking so much of our windows, it’s important to treat them right with regular cleaning and maintenance. To extend the life of your windows, consider scheduling several window cleaning for your home or office building each year. Here are the top reasons why you should keep your windows clean:
1. A Clear View of the World
There’s nothing worse than looking out at your gorgeous view than having to do so through a smudge. Cleaning your windows regularly keeps that view crystal clear for yourself and your loved ones at home, and your employees at work. A crisp view can improve morale and health by letting in more light with its nourishing Vitamin D.
2. Glass Protection
Cleaning your windows regularly actually extends the life of your glass. A build-up of grime, dirt, and mildew can etch the glass surface, which weakens the structural integrity of the glass piece. With enough scratches, your windows will become fragile and can shatter easily.
3. Insulation Power
Window glass clarity has an effect on your dwelling’s energy efficiency. In winter, dirty windows can prevent sunlight from entering your building. This can make your home or work draftier and colder than it would be with clean windows. When your windows are cleaned by a professional, they can also identify and restore outside window frames of your home or office that are in need of a spruce. Windows are a naturally weak insulation point in your walls, but a multitude of factors can make the situation worse. These include corrosion and rot of a window’s frame, which can introduce holes into your building. To avoid this unwanted invitation for pests and loss of your inside temperature, hire a thorough professional window cleaner that has the bandwidth to restore window frame issues.
Different types of weather carry their own assault on your windows, depending on where you’re located. Dry climates produce lots of fine dust and sand particles that regularly blow around in the wind. Just like weather-softened rocks, the glass of your windows is susceptible to these particles hitting and digging into your glass. If your window glass isn’t cleaned regularly, the build-up of these particles can permanently scratch your glass. On the other hand, wet climates pose their own unique challenges for your window upkeep. Consistent dampness of your windows leads to mildew, lichen, and mold buildup, which will continue to spread into your building’s walls if left uncleaned. Some cases are best left to professionals that require power washing and special cleaning mixes to scrub away nature’s grip.
5. Location, Location, Location
If you’re in a city or near a factory, chances are your windows are being exposed to fine-particle exhaust fumes and smoke. These industrial discharges will build-up on your windows over time. Your windows may also be exposed to acidic rain or harsher industrial chemicals, causing window damage if not cleaned off regularly. Besides dulling your view from inside, dirty windows may send the wrong message to those observing your grimy windows from the outside. Don’t turn away potential customers or visitors — have your windows cleaned regularly!
6. Home or Commercial Building Value
In the fast-paced world of real estate, potential home buyers decide within the first minute of visiting a home if they are interested. One of the things they will for sure see in that minute is the state of your windows. Keep buyers interested beyond those sixty seconds by having a professional clean your windows inside and out beforehand, and watch the value of your home or commercial building increase! For all these reasons and more, invest in the health of your windows with your nearby, soon to be favorite window cleaning service today!