Swimming pools are a great way to beat the heat during the summer, and they can also add value to your home. They allow you to take your relaxation a notch higher. Which kind of pool gives you the ultimate comfort? If you’re thinking about adding a pool to your yard, it’s good to keep the following points in mind to get the perfect pool for your needs.
How Much Space Do You Need to Have a Pool?
The space you need for a pool depends on the pool size, type, and landscaping. Also, think of the space you need for a deck for walking, relaxing, or even entertaining your guests. In addition, some states’ Safety Act requires a residential swimming pool to have a barrier, especially if you have young kids. So you’ll also need to think about the space to put up the fence if there are rules for your area.
Furthermore, it’s good to think about your yard and whether you need space for other activities such as a kids’ playground, patio, or deck. Some zoning rules have requirements on how much distance you’ll need between the pool and your house.
The Variety of Pool Installation Options
Many options are there, but it depends on your personal style, needs, space, and budget. Here are some of the top pool designs available:
An in-ground pool is a swimming pool installed directly in the ground. These pools are popular in residential and commercial settings and can be made from various materials, including concrete, vinyl, or fiberglass.
This type of pool is often more expensive than an above-ground pool, but it can be more aesthetically pleasing and easier to maintain. However, in-ground pools are also more challenging to install, requiring a higher level of excavation and construction.
Above Ground Pool
An above-ground pool does not come into contact with the ground. Instead, a framework of metal or resin supports it. It can also be inflatable.
They are usually rectangular, round, or oval and can be disassembled and moved if necessary which makes it a popular choice.
Above-ground pools are typically cheaper than other swimming pools because they require little construction work, but, the materials aren’t as durable as those used in different styles.
An architectural pool is a swimming pool that has been integrated into the design of your home. It has a unique, sophisticated design and is done by an architect. They are expensive and often used in high-end residential homes to provide a stunning visual feature.
Recreational pools are just what they sound like: pools that you can use for fun, not for serious swimming. They come in different shapes and sizes. These pools are perfect for kids and adults who want to splash around and have a good time. People like to use these pools for pets as well.
A lap pool is a narrow, rectangular pool used for swimming laps. These pools are mainly used for fitness and health purposes. They’re typically in fitness facilities, but you can also find them in private homes. These pools are often long to enable you to complete a full lap. These pools are not family-friendly.
A plunge pool is a compact and shallow pool used for relaxation only. It’s used for lounging and cooling off after an intense activity such as running.
How Do You Maintain Your Pool Area?
Your pool will need regular maintenance to keep its aesthetic appearance and for a healthy swim. How often you clean your pool depends on how much the swimming pool is used. Cleaning helps confirm the pool’s water pH, alkaline calcium hardness, and chlorine levels.
Here’s how to maintain your pool area weekly:
- Check and clean the pool pump filter.
- Clean the skimmer baskets
- Brush the walls of your pool with a pool brush to remove algae and bacteria buildup.
- Vacuum the bottom of the swimming pool to remove loose dirt, debris, and algae from the water’s surface.
- Shock your swimming pool once a week, especially if you notice it’s green or cloudy from excess algae growth. This will remove extra nutrients from your swimming pool water and help reduce algae growth in your swimming pool.
- Test the pool water and add the necessary chemicals.
How to maintain the rest of your outdoor space:
Seasonally you should pressure wash your:
- Pool Deck
- Outdoor Furniture
It’s very important to clean the area surrounding the pool, including the patio and deck. This way, you’ll prevent stains and splinters from destroying the clean appearance of your pool. Cleaning your deck and patio will also ensure dust, leaves, and other debris doesn’t find their way into your pool. You don’t have to do this alone as there are professionals who can help. The Squeegee Squad uses appropriate pressure washing techniques and effective cleaning solutions to keep your pool and pool area stain and debris free.
What Is the Ideal Swimming Pool Size?
The ideal swimming pool size should best suit your family’s needs and preferences. Here are some common questions you need to ask yourself before settling on the size of your pool:
- Who is going to use the pool?
- How often will they use the pool?
- How do you want to use the pool? Is it for recreational purposes or exercise?
- Will you use the pool for entertainment?
- How much space do you need for the patio?
- How much space do you have?
- What are your local laws regarding swimming pool sizes?
- What is your budget?
If you have answers to these questions, it will be easier to choose the right pool size. In addition, you can seek the services of a professional to help you come up with the correct size.
The most common pool sizes are:
- 10×20 feet: Perfect if you enjoy having enough space to yourself or don’t have a family
- 12×24 feet: An excellent choice for two people
- 15×30 feet: This pool size is enough for two to three, especially if they love doing some laps.
- 16×32 feet: Three to six people swim, relax and play games comfortably in a 16×36 feet pool.
- 18×36 feet: This is the best choice if you have a big family or guests who come over regularly. This pool size is excellent for six to eight people.
Let Squeegee Squad Assist You with Maintaining Your Swimming Pool deck
Sometimes, cleaning a pool space can be hectic. This is why professionals from your local Squeegee Squad exist to help clean your pool deck, deck, patio, outdoor furniture, and other areas that need to be power washed to enhance the overall look and hygiene of your outdoor space.