Soft washing is an exterior cleaning technique that offers the efficacy of traditional pressure washing but is ultimately more gentle on surfaces and the environment. Essentially, soft washing involves using a pressure washer set to very low psi levels and often employs wider heads on the cleaning wand for greater impact reduction. This method is commonly used for residential and commercial applications to remove dirt, mold, moss, pollen, stains, and to kill certain microorganisms and pathogens.
Professional soft washing technicians typically use chemical solutions comprised of three main ingredients:
- Surfactants: Allow the solution to seep between surfaces and attached residue to break up grime and ease the removal process
- Bleach: Deep cleans and disinfects surfaces
- Water: Serves to dilute the concentration
After cleaning, neutralizing agents can be applied to reduce the effects of any solutions used during soft washing.
Surfaces and Installations Best Cleaned Using Soft Washing
Because professional soft washing procedures only use low water pressure, this method is the best option for cleaning fragile or painted surfaces that might be damaged by high-powered pressure washing. Elements that residential or commercial property owners should consider local soft washing services for include, but are not limited to:
- Windows & Glass Doors
- Roofing Shingles
- Gutters & Downspouts
- Siding Materials: Wood, Stucco, Vinyl, Cedar Shake, Coquina
- Automobiles & Boats
- Patios, Screened Enclosures, Lanais, Soft Decking Materials
- Outdoor Furniture
Using this gentle cleaning method is beneficial for many reasons.
The Vast Benefits of Soft Washing
Whether you want to boost curb appeal by soft washing windows, having gutters cleaned, or the roof needs cleaning, there are a number of benefits to choosing this option.
- Less Potential Damage—The use of lower pressure minimizes the possibility of damage to exteriors, which is particularly important on painted surfaces, coated roofing, and fragile window installations.
- Areas Hard to Reach Become More Accessible—Even at low pressure, the water with this system can reach up to 50 feet from ground level—even without ladders for most applications. This can be useful for higher floor jobs like cleaning roofing and solar panels.
- Low Environmental Impact—There’s no need to use harsh chemicals with soft washing. If you hire a professional soft washing crew, they’ll have the proper concentrations on hand to prevent seepage into landscaping and any water elements nearby.
- Enjoy a Longer-Lasting Clean—Cleansers employed during the soft washing procedure contain germ and microorganism eradicators that kill pathogens and mold at a molecular level. This means that they are not only removed but won’t grow back or at least as quickly as with traditional pressure washing services.
- Promotes a Healthier Setting—Ignoring pollen, mildew, algae, mold, and dust can result in or exacerbate health problems for certain people in the environment. Professional soft washing techniques and the cleaning solutions used can reduce these risks substantially.
Why Choose Professional Soft Washing?
It may seem simple to buy or rent a pressure washer and some cleaning supplies for a DIY attempt. However, there are many reasons to consider professional soft washing services like the Squeegee Squad nearest you instead.
Professional soft washing is far more cost-effective than attempting the job yourself. Compare the cost of purchasing or renting the appropriate equipment and cleaning chemicals to the cost of hiring an experienced soft washing technician. When you add in your valuable time, you’re likely to discover the pros are a better deal overall.
Another reason to employ an experienced pressure washing company is that there are risks involved in the process. High-powered water shoots through a nozzle-tipped hose, and should it get out of control, the hose can fly around and cause cuts, bruises, and other injuries. Pressurized water itself can be rather painful should it accidentally be directed at people or pets.
With professional soft washing, you’ll know the job is being done properly and efficiently. A team of trained technicians has the experience and know-how, and commercial-grade equipment to cleanse and sanitize exteriors quickly. Should anything get damaged during the service, reputable cleaning companies like the Squeegee Squad will have insurance to compensate clients.
Contact Professional Soft Washing Crews
When quality exterior cleaning is needed, don’t take on the challenge of pressure washing tasks on your own. Contact a location near you today to learn more about our comprehensive pressure and soft washing services for residential and commercial clients all around the world.